This is just a short description of my goals and reasons for this site.
My name is Max
I LOVE to cook, to read cookbooks and to read about cooking. I gulp down everything about background, theory, history literature and traditions.
And oh yeah I really really like to eat food.
I am not a chef, but have been cooking since I was 10.
This is a parallel version of my danish site www.kvalimad.dk - which is probably the most popular food blog in Denmark with 3 million unique visitors a year. Out of a population of 5 million people. So most danes that cook most likely visit my site at least once a year.
I have made an english version because:
- A lot of Danish expatriates and 2. and 3. generation emigrants use my danish site and struggle with the danish language and google translate. The english version makes it easier for this group.
- I want to widen the scope of my site, and to tell the world about Danish food, and how we make it. And learn new things from people around the world.
- English is a bigger audience. It is always nice for a writer to get read as much as possible.
Since the English site is based on the Danish site, you should probably know about my goals for the Danish site.
- One goal is to have somewhere my kids, and other peoples children and teens can go and look for recipes for traditional danish food. Well other people are welcome to follow along too.
- It would be a sad thing, if good food stops with my generation. Even though some believe that it already stopped with the previous generation. I don't believe that it is to late to save the culture of proper home cooked food. I will at least do everything in my power to revitalise it.
- I want to share my experiences with other food geeks. I eksperiment a lot. With recipes, techniques and ingredients. Everything from brining, smoking, baking, roasting, grilling etc. I believe that if I find it interesting to experiment, and I get useful results from doing it, then there are probably more people that it interests too.
So, if you think that the content is all over the place, where it one side is very banale and on the other side is very technical, then that is why.
but I do hope that the content in time will bridge the gap between the two extremes.
I am not a native english speaker so I apologize for all my speling errors in advance.
Thank you for any nice words
I read everything on the site. Also all the nice words.
As a matter of principle I only answer direct questions, to avoid the site being filled op with "Thank you/you are welcome" messages. it will boost my ego, but has nothing to do with food.
But even if I don't answer, they please me none the less. And are great motivation to continue. So keep it coming. And thanks in advance.